Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement £72k
We are looking for an experienced candidate to take the lead on refocusing the Procurement service, not only to ensure sound systems and arrangements are in place for all procurement activity but also to embed cross directorate advice and support to assist departments in delivering their procurement plans. The successful candidate will be an expert in their field with outstanding leadership qualities to provide senior leadership and direction to the team.
- Direct and plan all procurement activities including tenders, market testing, business area procurement reviews, purchasing of goods and services.
- Lead negotiations with major suppliers to ensure value for money
- Develop procurement policies and standards
- EU legislation (OJEU) extensive experience
- Promote and facilitate adherence to those policies and use of these processes.
- Directly contributes to evaluation and development of Property, IT, FM & other Procurement Division's strategy as a member of the senior management team.
- Ensure the procurement team are adequately resourced and skilled to meet the current and future demand of the business.
- Set systems that efficiently allows the selection and subsequent management of the key suppliers, within public procurement legislation requirements and without exposing the client to unnecessary risk.
- Setting and negotiating contract schedules, terms, and conditions.
- Working with the Legal Department to ensure that contracts provide adequate protection of the client's interests.
- For project related procurements, assisting and advising the business owner to ensure that related procurements are carried out efficiently. In addition, offering negotiation and contract advice to the project team, business owner and supplier managers.
Analysis & Budgets
- Prepare and meet a budget sufficient to meet the needs of and effectively control the procurement function.
- Complete analysis of complex costing models from suppliers to effectively negotiate
- Undertake analysis of spending behaviour's to design tools to achieve value in the future through strategic thinking. Prepare strategic reports to recommend change in the provision of the organisation services.
- Build a forward view of contracts requiring renewal with a strategy to consolidate and bring efficiency.
Must be CIPS level 6 or above. MCIPS preferred.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.