To provide a technical specialist role supporting the purchase of equipment, systems, services and supplies for the AgeUK organisation. The role’s purpose is to provide an efficient procurement support service to AgeUK with a focus on Purchase to Pay systems and processes.
- Act as first line of support for AgeUK procurement system users.
- Monitor the Procurement positional mailbox and ensure queries and actions are progressed promptly and competently.
- Manage the new supplier set-up process and support user queries.
- Manage access to the Click travel system and support user queries.
- Monitor contracted prices and resolve anomalies on delegated supplier accounts.
- Good system knowledge and experience required to assist with improvements, and the implementation of changes, to our in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
For a full list of role responsibilities, please refer to the Job Pack.
- Able to communicate with AgeUK users in a supportive and helpful manner, both written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and processes. Experience of Proactis (Procurement) and Navision (Finance) systems advantageous.
- The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical.
- Knowledge of Financial Systems would be advantageous.
- Procurement experience essential
- MCIPS or working towards MCIPS desireable.
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
We offer a range of benefits including:
•26 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
•Competitive pension with employer contribution of up to 9%
•BUPA Cash Plan
•Staff perks discounts
•Learning and development schemes
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
All job offers are subject to receipt of satisfactory references.