Our client is a spiritually oriented community consisting of three small registered care homes serving the developmental needs of residents with learning disabilities.
Currently looking to recruit an experienced Care Manager, whose responsibility will be to ensure that their home operates effectively and sustainably. You will be managing a team of staff and volunteers within the care homes. Following CQC regulations to achieve CQC outcome by providing high quality of care and support to its residents.
- To manage and supervise the team of staff within the care homes including keeping staff records up to date and signing off annual leave and staff rotas.
- To ensure the service meets, and indeed exceeds, the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance 'Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’.
- Maintain wellbeing, activities & drug regime of residents.
- To be routinely involved in a range of human resources/staff management duties
- Proactively manage delegated budgets ensuring efficient use of resources.
- To implement and maintain an effective quality assurance programme to promote high quality, best practice and continuous improvement of services in line with Quality Assurance Policies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a care environment
- Experience of managing people
- Experience of recruitment and selection, and health & safety issues
- Ability to communicate with service users and their family, staff and the Governing bodies
- Excellent knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards and regulations
- Understanding of the legislative requirements around care of vulnerable adults
- Ability to produce clear reports and keeping accurate records
- Ability to use Microsoft products
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- Minimum 12 month experience of working around care within learning disability
- Completed learning disability awareness and support courses
- Steiner/Anthroposophy knowledge or an understanding of learning disability and specialist care services
- RM Award and NVQ Level 5 or equivalent
The role is based in Towcester, you will receive a pay package of £26,000 - £29,000 DOE, and the opportunity to play a key part in the development of the organisation.