An exciting opportunity for a secretary based in central Reading
Your new company
Our client is a UK specialist in pensions actuarial, consulting and administration, providing a wide range of advisory and compliance services to over 550 pension scheme clients. The Company combines expertise, insight and technology to address the needs of both pension trustees and sponsoring companies.
Your new role
Main duties and responsibilities
- High quality formatting of documents to Company standard using Microsoft Word templates.
- Providing a high quality typing service (both copy and audio) to include letters, reports and other such documents. This will often involve the creation of tables/mathematical formulae.
- Producing presentations/slides using PowerPoint.
- Printing documents, collating them into packs for meetings and binding them using a heated and wire binding machine.
- Creating complex mail merges using Microsoft Word. Printing, stuffing and franking of mail shots (some of these will be high volume).
- Organisation of meetings. Sending Outlook meeting requests, coordinating responses and ordering catering. When required, acting as host for meetings - preparing drinks, putting out lunches, clearing meeting rooms.
- Booking hotels/train tickets/flights.
- Maintaining filing system, including creating new files and archiving old files.
- Covering reception as and when required. Directing switchboard calls to the correct extension, greeting visitors, organising couriers and dealing with deliveries.
- General office administration including printing, photocopying and scanning documents.
- Working closely with the rest of the support team as well as providing cover for other departments as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Ordering of stationery.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience at providing support at a similar level (ideally more than 3 years)
- Excellent organisational skills
- IT Literate with excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as strong knowledge of MS Outlook
- Ability to manipulate data and develop presentations
- Strong accurate keyboard skills
- Working knowledge of Excel would be desirable.
- Experience gained within a multi-site/business organisation
- Recognised Secretarial qualifications such as RSA or Pitman
- Mature in approach
- Diplomatic and friendly
- Ability to deal effectively at a senior level
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing environments
- Speedy and focussed
- Team player
- Ability to multi task and work in periods of calm and high activity
- Good common sense
- Excellent co-ordination
- Ability to think ahead and retrospectively
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.