Senior Project Planner (Major New Build Projects) - London
Our client is a global Main Contractor specialising in Major Projects across London. Together we are actively looking for an experienced Senior Project Planner to work on Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential and Hotel projects up to £250m in value. You will join an industry leading Pre Con / Design / Planning Team working out of a Central London HQ.
- Reporting in to the Project Director whilst supervising reports and junior members of the team.
- Overseeing the overall project programmes for design, procurement and construction, decanting and commissioning.
- Assisting with value engineering.
- Providing a planning and logistics strategy.
- Providing expert critical analysis of the sequencing methodologies.
- Maintaining and updating the work package document, including the present and future procurement schedules, package content sheets and bar charts.
- Advising the project teams on programming issues and ways to improve in order to better the programme duration.
- Incorporating package contract programmes in the main programme.
- Overseeing the progress of the site, reporting any deviations to the programme.
- Ensuring optimum efficiency by challenging the package proposals.
- Keeping up to date with advancements on the technical side.
- Creating planning meetings to identify any areas of the procurement, design and construction which could be improved on as well as getting all three disciplines are communicating.
- Gathering information from the construction teams and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports.
- Keeping regular contact with the Site Managers to create and agree programme and implementation activities.
- Speaking to Site / Package Managers to develop short and long term plans.
- Creating and issuing the monthly report and weekly 'S' curves.
- Degree qualified or similar.
- At least 10 years' experience working as a Senior Planner for a leading Main Contractor.
- MUST have an excellent grasp of ASTA Power Project.
- Experience working on a build project over £40m.
- Strong planning, excellent problem solving and good communication skills required.
- Professionally qualified (MCIOB, MRICS) would be advantageous.
Our client offers competitive salaries, packages and excellent career opportunities. If you would like to apply for this role then please contact Dan Gevaux or Dom Coyne.