Responsible for coordinating the activities of the Maintenance activities. These activities include facilities, optimising equipment reliability and cost performance through a continuous improvement plan in plant processes reporting to the Operations Manager.
Overall aim to actively work to make the equipment earn the business more money.
- First and foremost, it is the responsibility of the incumbent to perform any and all tasks in a safe manner, keeping in mind safety on the job at all times. It is expected that the incumbent will not only practice safety on the job, but will be responsible for the safety of others working in and around the maintenance area, or on maintenance related tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring that SOP's, risk assessments, and skills matrix are up-to-date, current and adhered to.
- Monitor and drives to improve all maintenance KPI's.
- Monitors and ensures efficient and effective working of team members. Increasing performance by coaching and advice.
- Arranges for contractors & ensures contractors are trained on and adhere to the contractor safety policy.
- Works alongside Gatekeeper to prioritise work based on business needs, and arrange process improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory inspections are completed on-time.
- Responsible for the tracking and allocation of the CapEx and maintenance budgets.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the facilities and the ancillary services
- Balances the needs of preventive maintenance routines with reactive maintenance.
- Promotes and generates improvement ideas and takes responsibility to complete on time and budget.
- Must be mobile, ability to think on their feet, work all shifts and weekends, and travel occasionally.
- Able to partake in controlled manual handling activities
Education / Work Experience:
Education (Degree/Major - 5 or more years of Engineering leadership experience, numerous engineering courses followed to C&G standard
Certifications - HNC in electrical or mechanical engineering
Work Experience - 5 years of related experience in maintenance, process, or project roles, and had at least 2-3 years' experience in a Supervisory role.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical systems, electronic drives and controls.
- Knowledge of Preventative and predictive maintenance tools.
- Basic computer software skills i.e. MS Office
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance documents i.e. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams
- An understanding of engineering regulations.
- Awareness of project management.
- Proficient in managing budgetary spending control.
- Team Oriented and Interpersonal Skills - Has the ability to work effectively with other plant employees or external groups to achieve required objectives and goals.
- Leadership - Has strong personal accountability to achieve goals and develops this accountability in others by giving candid and constructive feedback.
- Initiative - Has the ability to identify key plant issues, develop a workable solution from data and working with others, sells his/her solution and implements the solution.
- Credibility - Does not blame others and takes responsibility for his/her own mistakes. Respects confidential information and concerns shared by others. Finishes work and reports on time and effectively utilises data to support positions.
- Continuous Improvement - Has self-management skills and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, equipment, raw materials and self. Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results.
- Communication - Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral and written formats. Listens well and asks the right questions. Can effectively deliver a speech, presentation or other communication to customers, operators, or management.
- Results oriented - works alongside the Operations Manager to deliver on key success areas of the business plan. Takes corrective action, anticipates issues and sets contingency plans.
- Analytical Problem Solving - Can understand which data is relevant to develop solutions and options.