Lending Controls Analyst
Lending Controls Analyst
£30,330 - £39,852
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast paced control role within a major Financial Services organisation. The role will have varied responsibilities across the Lending Controls Team.
The Lending Controls Analyst will be individually contributing professional knowledge and sound understanding to generate solutions.
The role will have BAU reporting accountability and deal with ad hoc queries that arise from across the business.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- Data Management of multiple data sets across multiple platforms (MS Windows, Mainframe etc).
- Reporting - deliver robust daily, weekly and monthly control reporting as required ensuring it remains relevant and fit for purpose across the business as requirements change
- Maintenance of key documentation/processes to ensure existence of adequate audit trail
- Play a key role in the review and enhancement of lending controls and operational control requirements, taking ownership to improve over time.
- Proactively identify potential issues with data in area of expertise. Liaise with the relevant teams and recommend remedial action in a clear and concise manner to gain the desired outcome.
- Focus on adding analytical value and proposing solutions to support key business strategies, providing reasoned and balanced recommendations.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- High level of technical ability and computer literacy over systems in general - Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint to include complex calculations, macro’s, SQL. SAS skills desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, being able to draw concise and meaningful conclusions and make value-adding recommendations
- A passion for Data Quality, MI, Processes Improvements and Automation.
- Numerate, with excellent analytical, business awareness and influencing skills.
- Experience of data validation and/or undertaking complex reconciliations
- Strong multi-tasking skills - ability to prioritise own workload in accordance with teams and business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to work across cultural boundaries to deal effectively with all levels of staff and build good relations with internal and external departments.
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to challenge business processes / information, where appropriate, and to effectively manage and influence stakeholders to ensure the right outcomes for both the organisation and its customers.
- Be the technical expert on reporting data and data sources for a particular area of the reporting portfolios, and act as advisor to DQSS Management and other stakeholder areas.
If you or someone you know are suitable for this role, apply confidentially today.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.