One of the largest legal practices in Warwickshire, who are an established and forward-thinking Firm.
A new opportunity has arisen in their Coventry Office for a Solicitor in the Immigration Department, which is a key strategic discipline within the Firm, providing services to clients of the practice and attracting new business. The Firm benefits from strong expertise in family and private client matters, medical negligence, personal injury, immigration, civil and commercial litigation, commercial property, conveyancing, criminal law and employment law.
The successful candidate will undertake fee-earning work for clients in the field of immigration law, dealing with public, individual and business immigration.
The Firm is LEXCEL accredited and a member of the Law Society CQS panel.
Job Title: Solicitor, Immigration
Reporting to: Member and Head of Department
- Undertake fee-earning work for clients in the field of Immigration Law - experience in dealing with public, individual and business immigration.
- To liaise and assist in providing a quality service to the clients of the Firm
- To work in accordance with the Office Manual
- To promote the Firm in all areas at all times including those in which you are not directly involved on a day to day basis
- To act at all times in an appropriate way as a member of the legal profession and to comply with all professional requirements as set by the Law Society from time to time
- Ability to manage a full working caseload
- Ability to undertake work in accordance with the requirements of the Office Manual
- Working knowledge of the requirements of Lexcel
- Ability to motivate and supervise others
- Ability to promote the increase of the work inflow for self and others through own work, reputation and personal contacts
- Ability to work within the discipline of office targets, budgets, and billing requirements
- High standard of client care
- Administrative and logistical skills
- Assisting Head of Department in ensuring fee earner targets/budgets are met
- Any other reasonable management task requested by Head of Department
- Provide legal advice on a pro-bono basis to our local charities around Leamington Spa and Coventry
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of Immigration Law
- Knowledge of the professional regulatory requirements
- Computer/ IT literate (word, office, outlook)
- Commercial acuity
- Experience as an Immigration Practitioner for an appropriate period given the particular requirements of the role
- Comply with the requirements of the Office Manual
- To be based in the Coventry office of the practice.