Our client, a property management specialist, is growing their accounts function and we are seeking a skilled accountant to join their team!
This position is ideal for someone from an accounts practice background who has lead a team of people and used to managing multiple client accounts.
Experience of working in property is not essential for this role but if you have managed property client accounts before it would be a distinct advantage.
It is essential for this role that you can complete trial balance and preferably year end accounts. If you think this could be of interest then please read on!
- Management of several residential management company accounts
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Monitoring the cash flow and identifying potential issues before they arise
- Quarterly financial reporting
- Raising void charges and ensuring prompt payment
- Recharging of utilities to leaseholders
- Remittance of ground rent to freeholders
- Inputting opening balances for new estates
- Preparation of service charge budgets
- Allocation of funds
- Budget reviews
- Corporation tax
- Providing financial handover information as and when required
- Distributing tasks amongst team members
- Training of staff on technical issues
- Assisting the accounts team and other departments with day to day / adhoc duties
Skills & Experience Required
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified (desirable)
- Preparation of year-end accounts
- Experience of working within an Accounts Practice (desirable)
- 2+ years managerial/supervisory experience of a small team 2+ people
- Experience of Qube or Tramps Property Management software (desirable)
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and diary management
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft programmes, particularly MS Excel
- Competent in mail merging
- Excellent Team Working
- Ability to build working relationships with employees across the organisation
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 17.30pm
Benefits: Easily accessible from the train station, 28 days holiday with the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days, 3% pension, 1 day extra annual leave for high attendance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.