Senior AV Technician
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in bespoke and standardised audio-visual solutions sector who is currently looking for an experienced Conference Centre Technician. This exciting and unique opportunity is a permanent full time role offering an excellent salary package.
ProfileAn experienced AV Technician with a good knowledge of Video Conferencing, Audio Visual Systems and their related technical fundamentals. You will have great customer service skills and a corporate background giving you the skills to work closely with executive management and managing directors. You will ensure that AV runs smoothly across the venue and work collaboratively as part of the local and global teams.You will join a company providing cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories. Main Purpose of PositionAs an Audio Visual Technician your prime function is to provide the highest quality of technical support to all clients throughout the building, your role will be to facilitate correct preparation, implementation and operation of all aspects of all audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies, you will be expected to support the operation with clear and precise documentation and have the ability to train others in the correct operation of systems. The position involves a high degree of exposure, working sometimes with executive management and managing directors.Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Strong operational knowledge of Video Conferencing, Audio Visual Systems and their related technical fundamentals.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Video conference (VC) support; Presentation / duration meeting support; Bookings / reservations; Helpdesk; Documentation; Equipment specification for hire service and support; Engineering
- Assist with building and maintaining client relationships
- Develop, adapt and deliver best working practices
- Manage any other member of support staff on the client`s behalf
- Report statistical information in accordance to line management requirements
- Ensure reporting is kept up to date
- Create and maintain all departmental documentation
- Ensure accurate client billing through applying correct charging procedures and ensuring reports are correctly completed
- Be instrumental in providing solutions to current issues or show proactivity in identifying future issues / solutions
- Attend regular meetings in order to update onsite client
- The AV Technician will be able to work and collaborate as part of the local and global teams, to provide coaching to staff on systems
- The AV Technician will be able to setup and support Polycom RMX Bridge calls and understand the core VC Systems - Polycom Infrastructure and endpoints (PRM, DMA, RMX, VBP, RPAD + HDX, Group etc)
- The AV Technician will have a basic understanding of all core AV Systems - AMX, Extron, SMART, NEC, Hitachi, Windows 7, Office 2010, Apple Mac OSX, iOS, AppleTV etc
- The service is a white glove service (Excellent client facing skills + adherence to dress code
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Experienced AV Technician
- Knowledge of touch screen and control technology
- Experience in IP/ISDN video conferencing systems
- Experience in Virtual meeting room and Global gateway technology
- High customer service skills
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Adaptable to various clients` needs and their AV systems and technologies
- Ability work on own initiative and be fully autonomous
- Generate regular operational reports, data collation and regular documentation duties
- Good technical Knowledge of AV systems and ability to carry out first line maintenance
- Equipment configuration
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of Banking / Finance or Professional Services background
- Experience in video conferencing and AV best practices
- Good level of experience in Microsoft packages
- Good understanding of Polycom infrastructure and endpoints
- Infocomm CTS (preferred)
- Be capable of troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Be capable of carrying out first line maintenance
- Demonstrate capabilities with MS office applications
- Be adaptable to various clients` needs
- Be able to work on own initiative
- 2+ years` AV experience in Banking / Finance or Professional Services environment
- 2+ years` experience in video conferencing, codian bridge operation and AV best practices
- Infocomm CTS qualification (desirable)
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme, free car park and rewarding working environment.
Interested in find out more about this role? Apply online today and we`ll be in touch or alternatively contact Tom from our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.