12 month fixed term contract job in Bedford for a manufacturing company in the construction industry
Your new company has 12 month fixed term contract job in Bedford for a manufacturing company in the construction industry as a Sales Negotiator
Your new role as a Sales Negotiator will have you working as part of a highly driven team selling with a market leading Water Management branded products, responding to client enquiries & identifying opportunities to help achieve the team's individual sales target and support the AWM external sales force.You will provide a professional sales orientated service built around excellent product knowledge and understanding of our client base.
- Working in conjunction with the external sales team, being office based, providing quotations, project updates and negotiating orders.
- To develop a high standard of product knowledge.
- To work as part of a team in order to meet and exceed clients' expectations by answering telephone calls and processing the outcome through the relevant CRM system following set procedures and the Trading Policy.
- Updating and tracking project leads.
- Checking prices prior to processing and updating relevant systems as and when required.
- Liaising with the external sales team on client, product and price issues.
- Building relationships with area stockists and contractors to the benefit of the company.
- Resolution of client queries.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in a commercial business to business environment.
- Knowledge and experience of construction industry sales is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in a busy sales environment dealing with both inbound and outbound telephone calls.
Personal skills and behaviours
- Ability to build excellent client relationships.
- Customer focus and commercial awareness.
- Ability to make prospective sales calls and follow up sales calls.
- Ability to identify opportunities to up sell and cross sell.
- Follow up any selling opportunities - tenacity in quote chasing and conversion.
- Good telephone manner, ability to explain in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to handle difficult calls to a positive outcome.
- Organised to meet deadlines.
- Excellent administrative skills and accuracy.
- IT literacy (Microsoft Office and CRM system).
- Team worker - supportive of good team atmosphere.
- Completer - finisher.
- Polite and helpful to both clients and colleagues.
- Honesty and integrity at the basis of all actions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to seek continuous improvement.
- Flexibility - thinking in solutions not problems.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.