Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Hours: 08:30 to 17:30, Mon to Thurs, 17:00 on Fridays
Salary: up to £22k
- Placing purchase orders.
- Booking stock onto Exchequer as goods are received.
- Supplier chasing, expediting and prioritising goods on order.
- Allocating received stock to the appropriate customer backorders and releasing these for despatch.
- Reporting shipment discrepancies to suppliers.
- Checking invoices received are for the correct amounts and quantities and reporting any differences to suppliers.
- Answer supplier enquiries regarding outstanding payments.
- Deal with queries from sales and customer service teams that require information from our suppliers.
- Provide holiday cover and assistance with other office departments as required.
Tools and Equipment Used
PC, Internet, Exchequer accounts package, Excel, Word, Outlook, telephone, fax.Person Specification
- Needs to work in an efficient and well organised manner without close supervision.
- Very close attention to detail and persistence essential!
- Able to work closely within a small team and lead by example.
- Good inter personal skills and telephone manner with confidence and assertiveness needed when speaking with foreign suppliers.
- Should be capable of effectively organising and completing projects within given time constraints.