Corporate Tax Manager
I am recruiting for a Corporate Tax Manager to work in the Reading office Tax team. This is a full time permanent role with opportunities for progression.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and cross-border special and project based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner-managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be heavily involved in business development initiatives and working with the team to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience (e.g. managing compliance for large groups, R&D, property taxes/capital allowances, group restructures would be ideal). You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, and audit and corporate finance colleagues whilst using your own initiative.Requirements for Corporate Tax Manager
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification essential.
- Significant Corporate Tax and accounting experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of the firms capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm's risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; proficient in basic technical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk issues.
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
- Leading work on UK and cross-border tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners.
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients.
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts.
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including corporate taxes, VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc.
- Acting at all times with the Firm's best interests in mind. Acts with integrity in all dealings.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm's approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Considering and managing risk (reputational, operational and credit) in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how their work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm's ability to serve clients.
- Demonstrating an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.