Brewster Pratap are working in partnership with our client in the Doncaster area to recruit a PR Officer to help them gain coverage for their products and business and to introduce them to new customer groups. The role would suit someone with some marketing or PR experience and / or a relevant qualification such as Marketing, Advertising, PR or Journalism degree. The role is easily commutable for candidates from Doncaster, Retford, Rotherham and surrounding areas.
The job involves supporting the work of the marketing and sales teams by gaining as much coverage in as many relevant places as possible for the business to promote their products. Areas of responsibility include:
- Driving awareness and revenue for the company's B2B and B2C product ranges to 2 different audience
- Building up relevant press contacts
- Arranging send outs of press samples to gain coverage
- Coming up with creative and market-relevant new sources of potential coverage
- Tracking down the right contact for new sources of coverage to gain new audiences and maximise these opportunities
- Securing media coverage for the product ranges and website
- Growing the media contacts database
- Developing ongoing relationships with relevant key journalists
- Composing and distributing press releases
- Increasing awareness of the product range through all media outlets (print/online/blogs/social/youtube)
To be successful in your application you need to have a can-do attitude and be able to work autonomously, bringing your own ideas to the table and coming up with new ways to reach a wider audience and potential new customer bases. We are looking for someone who is happy to work hard and be resilient in gaining relevant press contacts, seeing the enquiry through to a close to gain coverage and then nurturing these press relationships. You need to be organised and confident with very strong grammar and creative writing skills for copywriting and press releases.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- On site parking
- Chance to progress within the company and grow within the role
- Staff discount scheme
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.