Health & Safety Assistant/Apprentice
Job Title - Health and Safety Assistant/Apprentice
Salary - £20k-£25k
Location - Orpington
Our client are a family ran Contractor who are based in Kent, with projects around All of the Home Counties and London.
Our client delivers contracts ranging from new build, refurbishment works to major/minor alterations for private clients as well as maintenance.
The directors have over 100 years combined experience in the construction and development fields, and use this to full advantage in their 'hands on approach' to running the Company.
My client take the approach of "quality over quantity" and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit throughout the company.
Due to the increased workload and project pipeline, my client are now looking to bring on a Health & Safety Assistant or Apprentice.
Provide support to the Senior H&S Manager on all issues relating the Health and Safety
- Supporting the maintenance of management systems in compliance with OHSAS 18001 9001 and 14001 for all work activities of the company
- Supporting Health and Safety training reviews, maintaining the company Health and Safety training matrix and ensure identified training is carried out to meet the requirements of reviews.
- Assisting in the implementation of an Occupational Health program
- Assist with the Management the Induction process including the booking system and retention of confidential induction forms.
- Assist with the Management and maintenance the permit to work process.
- Assist with the Management and possibly run the monthly EHS Meeting and updating meeting minutes.
- Manage and run the Quarterly Safety Committee meeting.
- Maintain H&S notice boards to ensure they are up to date.
- Assist with the Management the project reporting systems
- Any additional duties as directed by the Senior H&S Manager.
- Assist with the running of the audit system and train to audit sites Asbestos and Construction .
- Assisting with administration of monthly reports for the board of directors ensuring they are kept up to date with changes to Health and Safety legislation, advised of relevant Health and Safety prosecutions, informed of company incidents and incident rates
- Assist with Review of documentation including risk assessments after training
- Have a general knowledge or background in construction.
- Have a CSCS card
- Wanting to train and take NEEBOSH qualifications to improve healthy vies of CPD and the need for it.
- Trade Contractor understanding desirable with a knowledge of PQQ approvals etc .
- Experience dealing with Health and Safety and industrial relations issues
- Some knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation, ACoPs and Guidance
- Able to work on their own initiative with guidance.
- Able to work to instructions willingness to learn.
- Able to be part of a small team and pitch in when required whatever it is we need, within reason.
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call me on .