Sheridan Maine has been retained to source a Finance Director for an £25 million turnover business that has been recently acquired by a PE House. Crucial to their ambitions being achieved is the appointment of a Finance Director to join the board and bring a level of experience, gravitas and commercial awareness that the executive board will benefit from. The business is hugely successful and, for the last 50 years, has built a reputation for innovation and quality. Design, manufacture and servicing of a market leading product has moved this business forward to being a global player and it is recognised as the leading provider in its field in many international regions.
The Finance Director is a new position for the organisation and will play a key role in delivering the organisation’s 5 year plan. The new owners will initially expect the newly appointed Finance Director to implement new processes and procedures and review the current team in order to produce robust MI to support the decision making process and track their investment. Post this, the role will involve:
- Control of the capital investment programme which will be a significant sum in 2017 and 2018
- Manage the relationship between the business and the investor
- Support the MD and Operations Directors
- Actively review new business wins "Margin Champion"
- Manage the banking and funding relationship
- Review and negotiate with Finance houses to improve the offering to customer base
- Prepare and present monthly board packs
- Company Secretary duties (insurances, fleet, rents etc)
- Play an active role in the Exit Strategy
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with demonstrable experience within a "number 1" role
- Able to demonstrate true Business partnering within an SME
- Capable of producing excellent MI
- Experienced in managing key stakeholder relationships (PE, Bank, Investors)
- Commercially aware and willing to challenge
The returns model is based on a 5 year plan and the Finance Director will play a crucial role in achieving the company’s goals and as such will benefit from a transaction. The role comes with a competitive salary, car allowance, contributory pension and access to an annual bonus scheme coupled with the ability to increase long term wealth.
Please note we are working under a Non Disclosure Agreement so information will be limited initially.