Customer Complaints Officer Financial Services
My client, an organisation within the financial services industry based in Medway, Kent. Are looking for a Customer Complaints Officer to join their expanding team.
This role is an initial 6 month maternity contract.
The role will require you to ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with Internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures. Ensure complaints are managed in line with TCF and FCA regulation considerations ensuring complaints are managed fairly, accurately and clearly.
- Ensure good customer service is provided to complainants and ensure they are aware of the of the complaints procedures
- Acknowledging, drafting and sending out complaints promptly
- Resolving customers' queries within agreed authority, investigating the cause of individual complaints and where required gathering information from relevant departments
- Making recommendations for fair, impartial decisions on whether to uphold a complaint
- Calculating redress and compensation
- Maintaining customer related information systems for accurate record keeping
- Identify actions to address the cause of complaints and maintain an action tracker
- Make suggestion to improve processes and documentation to reduce complaints
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organisational policies and professional codes
- Preparing management information and reports
- Preparing case submissions and Business Response forms to the Financial Ombudsman Service for management sign off
Skills and experience required:
- Previous complaints handling experience working in a financial services environment is essential
- Basic understanding of the FCA's regulatory framework for handling customer complaints and Treating Customers Fairly is essential
- Basic knowledge of ethical standards, including an understanding of the BCOBS, MCOBS and DISP is desirable
- Basic knowledge re the investigation and resolution of PPI or MPPI claims is essential
Apply now for this excellent opportunity!