Assistant Financial Controller
Sellick Partnership is looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to support the Finance Controller in the smooth running of the finance department for a hotel. The successful person will have had previous experience of working in the hotel/hospitality sector, ideally at this level.
- Contributing toward the completion of the Hotel Profit Plan and the Profit Achievement Plan.
- Analysing Revenue and Capital expenditures in conjunction with approved budgets.
- Producing monthly management reports and identify variances.
- Carrying out internal audit checks within the Accounts section.
- Co-ordinates monthly forecasting process and three month revenue outlook.
- Produces monthly operating statistics and investigates areas of concern.
- Ensures day to day accounting functions are properly and fully executed in accordance to stated policies and procedures.
- Supervises accounting entries to the General Ledger by the accounts team.
- Prepares miscellaneous accounting entries to the General Ledger & post journals.
- Reviews trial balance of general ledger accounts for correctness and accuracy in postings.
- Assist FC in preparing and compiling the monthly financial statements.
- Completes all balance sheet reconciliations by day 6 of month end and presents to controller for review.
- Balances the daily revenue/cash received.
- Checks invoices being processed for payment from Bought Ledger. Ensures that all payments are accurate, have been properly approved, have required back up attached, and are correctly coded.
- Controls the issue of petty cash. Ensures payments are accurate, petty cash has been properly approved, with the required back-up attached and that it is correctly coded.
- Reviews cash reports, revenue allowances, house checks and C/L miscellaneous charges and credits.
- Prepares and remits payments of VAT returns each quarter once reviewed by the Controller.
- Assists Controller in preparation of forecasting requirements.
- Undertakes miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Controller.
- Must have previous experience of working in the hospitality sector, hotels specifically
- Experience of Accounts is essential for this role
- Ideally studying towards AAT or CIMA/ACCA
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
- You will be flexible with regards to work and will have the ability to cope well under pressure and work to set deadlines. Due to the busy nature of the office it is essential that applicants are highly organised and have a strong eye for detail.
If you are looking for a career in a challenging, professional environment where you can make your mark as part of a dynamic and committed team, then I want to hear from you. For more information please apply online or contact at Sellick Partnership on .
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership's new website is now live! Featuring a bold new look and streamlined navigation, you'll also enjoy a more personalised experience. Visit us now.