Arrears Claim Handler
Revive Recruitment, Chester are supporting an expanding, reputable business within the property sector with their permanent recruitment of Arrears Claim Handler. If you hold experience of working within Arrears and Collections, then we would like to hear from you! These are excellent opportunities to join a developing and growing business and to work within a busy and fun environment:
POSITION: Arrears Claim Handler
SALARY: Up to £18,000 per annum DOE
HOURS: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm and 1:2 Saturdays 10:00am to 2:00pm (paid as standard overtime)
You will be joining an award winning company working as part of a busy team within the Claims Department. You will be managing and reducing legal claims by working with tenants to resolve arrears and to advice/ liaise between Letting Agents, Tenants and legal partners to ensure legal obligations are met and claims are processed in a timely manner
The position will consist of:
- Responsible for advising Letting Agents and Tenants on all queries relating to legal rent claims
- Responsibility for the credit control function of the claims team working to ensure every effort is made to collect unpaid rents in an efficient manner.
- Working towards the business claims cost targets through the collection of rent arrears from tenants where ever possible to avoid a claim being made or reduce costs.
- Using appropriate consideration and tact when dealing with Tenants when contacting them to collect outstanding rents whilst reducing timescales and costs associated
- To focus on exceeding customer expectations, by building and maintaining a rapport over the telephone with Letting Agents & Tenants
- Confidence in handling the claims process, managing objections from tenants remembering at all times the company objectives
- Be responsible for drafting and serving Notices Seeking Possession
- Preparing cases for submission to solicitors for acting on
- Ability and confidence to liaise with solicitors and Insurers
- To undertake detailed fact finds, paying great attention to detail and obtain evidence from clients to fully prepare the required file
- Ability to manage the administration and meet the deadlines of multiple cases concurrently
- Escalate calls promptly to the next appropriate person, when necessary
- Attend necessary training courses (internal and external) to maintain a high calibre of telephone and database skills.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Skills and Experience required to apply:
- Have exposure to knowledge of civil litigation, preferably but not necessarily L&T
- Proven ability to successfully deal with multiple queries, ideally within an insurance, rental agency or estate agency environment (consideration will be given for experience in other industries where similar skills are used and proven)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrable ability to work to challenging and stretching deadlines
- The ability to communicate easily and effectively with a variety of customers, actively listening and taking action
- Resilient and determined approach to work
- Rapport building, influencing and organisational skills
- The ability to handle objections negotiate a successful outcome for all parties concerned
- Excellent grammar, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills (knowledge of all standard Microsoft programs required)
- Previous experience of diary management systems
- Educated to A level standard including Maths and English
- Have good attention to detail and accuracy in data capturing
- Evidence of continued personal and professional training and development
- Experience in developing and improving processes and procedures to ensure a superior service is delivered to all customers.
- Have worked in a legal or lettings environment before would be advantageous
Benefits offered by our Client:
- Excellent career opportunities
- Free Parking
- 20 days’ holiday per annum (increasing to 25) plus bank holidays
- One hour for lunch
- Kitchen Facilities
Revive Recruitment are a Chester based Recruitment Agency who delivers a refreshing service to Candidates and Businesses throughout the Cheshire and North Wales Regions. Located on the outskirts of Chester, we are a local and dedicated recruitment agency who will provide you with a professional, positive and bespoke permanent recruitment service
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Unfortunately due to a high volume of CV’s we cannot respond to every applicant. In the event that we haven't contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
KEYWORDS: "lettings" "collections" "arrears" "claim" "tenancy" "legal" "credit control" "rent guarantee"