Display Senior Account Executive -Media Agency
This vacancy is an opportunity to join the agency Display Investment team, which is responsible for planning and buying both Digital (Display, Video, and Native across all connected devices) and Print Media (National and Regional Press, Magazines, Inserts).
The team is comprised of circa 40-50 individuals with diverse skills and expertise including media specialists, ad technologists and digital designers. The team works in close collaboration with Communications Planners, and other Activation Teams to help design integrated solutions to clients’ communications challenges. Members of the team are aligned to key client brands, and expected to build strong direct relationships through impeccable servicing, high quality product, and transformational proactive ideas. It the team that primarily represents the agencies, and their clients, in the Media and Technology Marketplace.
Individuals are expected to have a detailed knowledge of market dynamics, and also the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and third parties. The team are not only skilled in traditional planning and negotiation, but also increasingly responsible for designing programmatic solutions for our clients.
Specifically, you will be charged with:
• Best in class media planning across Display (Print and Digital); demonstratin rigour and diligence; supporting decisions with evidence; and striving for innovation whilst also meeting client KPIs. Production of a high quality accurate product (plans, reports, PCAs).
• Leading negotiations in delivering best value for clients
• Being actively involved in exploring more future facing, programmatic trading methods
• Building effective and accurate reporting templates (with the assistance of an Account Executive). Drawing out insights from campaign data, and making recommendations for optimisations on a weekly basis
• Working with an Account Executive to ensure that all account administration is completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Building up an understanding on how we use ad serving technology, dynamic ads and data-management platforms through training and hands-on experience
• Impeccable servicing of clients, including an ongoing dialogue, presentations, and proactive delivery of work
• Building good relationships with key media owners through regular meetings to increase market knowledge
• Building internal relationships with Planners, other Investment teams and Specialists. Contributing to integration across channels
• Being reliable in completion of tasks in a timely manner and with a high attention to detail.
• Proactivity in delivering insight, ideas, and innovation to clients, in the pursuit of both business results and award winning campaigns
• Proactivity in staying abreast of industry trends and transfer that knowledge to both internal team members and clients.
• Participation in internal and external meetings regarding team projects, new business opportunities, briefs and brainstorms.
Key requirements: The agency are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for digital media and a curiosity for data and technology. The ideal candidate will have experience working in Digital Display Teams for at least 18 months, with some experience in planning and delivering Performance campaigns.
The candidate will need to:
• Be able to come in and hit the ground running
• Be committed to best practice planning and buying
• Be able to assist in the education and learning development of an Account Executive.
• Be extremely organised, and have proven experience of managing multiple tasks to deadlines under pressure
• Have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Be hands on, with problem solving abilities and a "can do" approach (someone who is a thinker and a doer)
• Work well both within a team and on their own
• Possess good presentation skills, and have previous experience of presenting in front of clients.
• Be a curious, fast and eager learner
• Be familiar with a range of media technology (will have worked with ad servers e.g. DoubleClick, Sizmek, Flashtalking)
• Be capable of using media planning tools such as Comscore and TGI
• Be comfortable talking about the range media creative formats and opportunities in the market
• Have experience of Programmatic technologies, and integrating programmatic in to plans
• Have excellent English communication skills - written and spoken
• Have Excel, Powerpoint and Word knowledge
It is preferable if the candidate also:
• Knowledge and/ or experience of the Print market, and planning/ buying experience in this category
• Passion for the categories of Travel and/ or Automotive