We are seeking an AAT qualified (or qualified through experience) Client Accountant experienced in Service Charge accounting. The role entails;
- On service charge rotation, looking after a portfolio of Residential developments ensuring all year-ends are closed in a timely manner.
- Preparing and closing Service Charge Year end Accounts.
- Reconciling s/c year-end to client statements when required.
- Liaising with external auditors, answering queries, reviewing the accounts with property managers and Directors if applicable.
- On Client Finance Rotation, liaising with Property Managers regarding budgets
- Preparing and issuing residents invoices in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Review and closing of Client Statements and any enquiries which arise from Clients.
- Sending payments to client as applicable
- Responding promptly to routine incoming correspondence by letter or email.
- Processing efficiently all incoming telephone calls.
- Block and commercial [if mixed use] accounting duties.
- Reporting to Managers as appropriate.
- Keeping informed of various Health & Safety and legal requirements and ensuring these are adhered to.
- Liaising and meeting with clients, lessees, professional advisors and colleagues in or out the office as necessary.
- Attending and participating in department/team meetings.
- Assisting in resolving complaints.
- Effective diary and task management.
- Ensuring that all Statutory Notices are served with the relevant paperwork in accordance with current legislation.
- Supporting other members of department in event of holidays etc.
- To create a clear line of communication in respect of all of our customers, colleagues and clients, in order to provide an excellent level of service.
- Being part of an active team and adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Recording data in Qube, our computer property management system
- General administration duties i.e., transfer of funds and address changes etc on Qube
- Assisting Property Managers in their duties as and when necessary.
- Assisting credit control with tenant breakdowns as necessary.
- Any other duty as assigned by your line manager.
Salary circa £20k Dependant on experience