Our client is an independent, entrepreneurial and award winning integrated agency, fully focused and highly successful at driving customer acquisition for a wide range of high profile blue chip clients. With real strength in the integrated comms, direct, CRM, digital and social media arenas, the agency combines high level (and award winning) creative, with highly informed data driven insight, to add real strategic value to its clients’ businesses. The agency also prides itself on being at the forefront of CRM and has developed an industry leading Social CRM strategy.Based in one of the most vibrant areas of London, the agency prides itself on its independence and the benefits this brings in terms of freedom, agility and inclusivity. A great opportunity for a highly self-motivated team player, who wants and is able to make a real difference, to join an ambitious and highly motivated team. For this role we would be particularly interested in hearing from a marketer who has experience of managing accounts where the client offers a subscription service to its customers, for example monthly payments on TV packages ( like Virgin and Sky) or publications like the Economist, The Times etc.
Job Title: Account Director
Reporting to: Group Account Director
Core purpose of the role:
To be the Business Owner of the specific clients that you manage - to lead your team in the delivery of perfect service, and achievement of the client’s strategic marketing intent. You more than anyone, carry the client trust and belief in delivering against their needs, and in turn you ensure that the agency achieve our revenue opportunity.
Whilst the GAD is ultimately responsible for development of strategy and the overall relationship between client and agency, the AD is actually the ringmaster of both, influencing on a daily basis.
Key Experience Required:
- 5+ years prior agency experience (with a minimum of 4 in account management)
- Comprehensive understanding of CRM marketing practices, including data and production processes (a professional qualification such as IDM Diploma is an added bonus)
- Have dynamic leadership, management and team building skills
- Experience in innovative thinking across integrated campaigns
- Managerial experience of a minimum of 2 team members
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
To direct and take control of the client relationship on a day-to-day level to the highest quality standard and within client budget. To lead the internal agency team in making the agency indispensable to your clients through quality, timeliness, accuracy and delivery of great work.
- Have an intimate understanding of your client business and their marketplace, building a collaborative relationship with your clients on the back of this
- Own your client business and develop great relationships with all client personnel, understanding their objectives, challenges and preferences
- Lead and own the interrogation of the client briefs. Fully understand the strategy and insight and lead the creative process of delivery, ensuring realisation of the strategic intent. Drive the creative brief, inspiring the creative teams with your intimate knowledge of the client business and market.
- Use your team and delivery of great work, to expand and strengthen relationships with all key clients, and use those relationships to leverage further business opportunities off the back of your daily interaction.
- Be vigilant about how we help our client’s business, gatekeeping our service delivery, identifying risks and threats, dealing with these effectively and impressively in client eyes.
- Be the guardian of our delivery, only allowing the best work to get to our clients, demonstrating agency quality and value
- Instil trust in your clients, filling them with confidence in you and your team so that they come to rely upon the agency as an indispensable partner.
- Financially, own and deliver project income forecast for your clients, communicating risk and opportunity quickly and proactively to agency colleagues.
- Ensure your team members are trained and work effectively to maximise revenue and especially profitability.
- Manage cost negotiations with clients on all projects to ensure agency profitability, and clear client understanding of agency value for money.
- Input into forecast for resourcing requirements in the short and medium term and manage the available agency resources in the most efficient way. Additionally take responsibility for your team commitment to workflow planning, ensuring creative and studio resources are utilised efficiently and effectively.
- Lead your team, developing and adapting your management style to bring out the best in others, including your team relationships with other teams in the agency
- Inspire your team, overtly and by example, in being indispensable to our clients. Show them how to do this, and the results they should seek
- Work closely with team members on a day-to-day basis, coaching them to develop their skills, and establishing yourself as a guide and mentor
- Engender a sense of team working across the agency, especially with creative and finance colleagues
- Be an ambassador for the agency and ensure the agency client services vision is articulately communicated when talking to colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Actively lead your team, communicating direction and expectations for their client service delivery and their internal agency management.
- Manage upwards effectively, ensuring the GAD and CSD are fully up to speed on all client engagements, seeking their involvement where required, and inspiring them with confidence in your leadership.