£37,000 per annum
Due to internal promotion, my client is currently seeking a Ward Manager to join their lovely nursing team at their hospital based in Market Drayton. As the Ward Manager you will be responsible for the nursing leadership and management of the Ward and for the supervision and leadership of the nursing staff, providing an environment where the quality of care is delivered confidently and consistently to a high standard, ensuring all care quality standards are met.
The position will be based on a low secure unit that provides female complex care that deals with females of adult age who suffer from a variety of mental health conditions that may pose a threat to themselves or others around them.
Key responsibilities & duties
- To be a visible and supportive presence on the ward by providing strong clinical leadership and have the ability to positively influence the team, hospital culture and clinical practice.
- To demonstrate initiative and proactive approaches in the management of their staff by ensuring the allocated staffing resources are deployed effectively, by being responsible for the management of the duty rota for the hospital.
- To include consideration of staff "shift requests", the timely processing of staff annual leave and other absence related requests, and the effective management of staff annual leave.
- To clinically lead, and motivate the nurses and support workers in providing high quality patient assessment, care planning, treatment, and interventions.
- To prepare, develop, and mentor staff in achieving and exceeding their individual competency levels through the delivery of effective systems of supervision and appraisal, and ensure comprehensive supervision and appraisal records are kept.
- To manage the staff effectively, ensuring all required standards of individual performance are met in a fair and consistent manner.
- To ensure that quality standards relating to patient experience, patient safety, Assessment and Treatment, and Clinical Effectiveness are achieved and maintained.
- To fulfil First Tier On-Call duties and responsibilities as required.
- To be an integral member of the hospitals Integrated Governance program.
- Registered Nurse with current NMC registration (Mental Health, Learning Disabilities)
- A person centred ethos
- Ability to motivate, lead and supervise a team
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the mental health act and Safeguarding.
- A full induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- Staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
Apply now to be considered for this excellent opportunity with a company that takes it employees seriously and offers the potential to grow with the progress of the company.
Why Apply Through White Recruitment?
White Recruitment is a specialist permanent agency with 9 years of expertise in the recruitment of healthcare professionals. Suitable applicants will be provided with their own consultant who will keep them updated on their applications and relevant opportunities. Our free service offer's candidates a stress-free solution to their job search and our recent survey has shown 95% of candidates would recommend us to friends and colleagues. So apply now - we look forward to hearing from you!If your experience matches please forward your CV immediatelyWhite Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy