Due to continued growth in the Reading office, we are recruiting a qualified Audit Senior to join the audit/assurance team.
You will be responsible for the delivery of client based assignments, ensuring the team's audit work and reporting is of high quality. This role will include leading and coaching team members as well as managing relationships with clients. The person in this role will also contribute to the success of our business unit, which will involve wider business and people development. There will be opportunity to work on advisory engagements, on both our audit and non-audit clients.Audit Senior requirements
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualification essential.
- Atleast 3 years auditing and accounting experience including UKGAAP.
- A passion for client service.
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
- A keenness to further your own personal development and career goals.
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of the firms capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm's risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; proficient in basic technical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage the audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters. The ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients' sites, including liaison with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
- Acting as the first point of contact for our clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrating excellent writing, research and presentation skills (proficient in power point, excel and word).
- Anticipating client needs, and communicating effectively with clients in both written and verbal exchanges.
- Acting at all times with the Firm's best interests in mind. Acts with integrity in all dealings.
- Assisting in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm's approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Considering and managing risk (reputational, operational and credit) in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how their work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm's ability to serve clients.
- Producing work for the Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Demonstrating business development skills an identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Demonstrating an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Audit Findings Reports to be provided to the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is due to qualify this year and will provide another strong to their bow and help launch their Audit career in the Thames Valley.
If you are qualifying this year, please get in contact, happy to talk this opportunity through with you!