Junior Legal Secretary
Junior Legal Secretary - Real Estate Team
Location: Leeds City Centre
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Secretary to grow their career within a global law firm based in Leeds City Centre on a permanent basis.
You will be a proactive, positive professional who is comfortable working both independently and collaborating as part of our high performing team. This is a role for an individual who thrives on delivering results to a diverse and challenging client group, and who is looking to build their career.
You will be commercially astute and able to deliver highly responsive business solutions. Energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within a fast moving and changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support secretarial processes and provide a comprehensive secretarial/admin support service
* Organising meetings, ensuring rooms and conference facilities, video conference facilities are booked, liaising with both internal and external attendees
* Organising travel arrangements, booking and confirmation of reservations, flights, hotels, car transfers, ordering currency and expense claims and producing detailed itineraries
* Preparation of key documents including, visas, correspondence (including invitation letters), travel invoices, expense claims and maintenance/filing of copies
* Understanding document management processes. Amending and re-formatting documents, ensuring that completed documents are delivered accurately and to a consistently high standard
* Organise agendas, presentations and meeting papers including, print production and timely distribution; ensuring that fee earners have all documents and adequate preparation time
* Organisation of file management, including closing of files and archiving
* Working towards full capability for managing and understanding of the end-to-end billing process, of standard bills, using Elite (internal financial system)
* Supporting the completion of financial reports
* Manage group and fee earner contacts to ensure they are up to date through Interaction
* Assist on ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will:
* Use and actively seek to expand technical knowledge, shares learning. Applies new, job-related information or learning to work
* Establishing a course of action to accomplish a specific goal, planning tasks with appropriate use of resources. Manage time effectively to maximise productivity and efficiency. Achieve long and short term goals through effective planning
* Self-starting rather than passively accepting. Goes beyond what is necessarily called for, anticipates and prepares for a specific opportunity or problem that is not obvious to others. Sets challenging goals, is innovative, measures performance, focuses on improvement to enhance outcomes. Dissatisfied with average performance
* The ability to quickly build rapport through pro-active development of close professional relationships
* Building constructive relationships within and across teams that contributes to the outcomes of the team. Works and interacts effectively with others to accomplish individual and group goals, solicits input, credits others for accomplishments, keeps people informed and up to date about group process. Is willing to accept responsibility, is honest and adaptable
* Use an understanding based on listening and observation to prepare for others' reactions, is aware of others' moods and feelings, and understands body language. Stability of performance under pressure and / or opposition. Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with varying tasks, responsibilities or people. Handling disappointment and / or disagreement while maintaining effectiveness
For more details please contact Sally Henderson at the Search Consultancy Leeds office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.