Assistant Approvals Engineer
My client a rail rolling stock engineering company based in West London are looking for an Assistant Approvals Engineer, Ideally a recent graduate who Musthave a Degree in Electrical engineering.
Purpose of the Job:
- To assist the process of obtaining Engineering Acceptance on Track Maintenance machines enabling these to be transited and worked on the Rail Infrastructure.
- To assist the senior approvals engineers who represent the client on committees and at seminars
- To provide engineering assistance
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist conformance to build certification for new machines (requirement to be trained by the NoBo and/or DeBo)
- Assist with checking structural calculations for handing over to the NoBo and or DeBo
- Manage a compliance database, facilitating simple accurate access to relevant drawings, calculations, test reports etc. on a per project, per standard and per document basis
- Assist P&T in preparing and forwarding technical design scrutiny information for new projects to the NoBo and/or DeBo
- Assist in obtaining Railway safety and standards and compatibility and product approvals ? Learn to project manage the Approvals process
- Understand the Clients view regarding standards
- Assist in preparing challenges to Railway Standards and derogations or exemptions
- Learn to read and interpret Railway Group Standards, Engineering Standards, and International Standards and assist in communicating to the relevant design departments in Austria and the workshops where the machines are built and serviced, making particular note of point of specific relevance.
- Review National Incident Reports (NIRs). Assist in communicating significant points to the Company Group and monitor any resulting actions
- Assist with the technical evaluation of modifications and closely work with our service dept and workshop to monitor the fitting
- Assist in auditing / assessing the engineering application of processes within specific product lines (e.g. wheelsets, tamping bank repairs, maintenance and servicing)
Assist with audit / assessing the safety and engineering at major and critical suppliers
- Permanent role ( not contract)
- Salary is paid monthly - on the last Thursday of the given month.
- Basic Hours of work 08:00 to 16:45 Mon To Thurs & 08:00 to 12:00 Fri - Total 37 Hours per week basic
- Overtime is paid - when overtime is worked
- Unsociable hours as required & Be prepared to work away from home from time to time.
- The candidate must be capable of holding a PTS Medical & Drugs & Alcohol Certificate - to be sponsored by Plasser UK
- Holiday 4 week 1 day in first year of employment
- Holiday 5 weeks 1 day from second year of employment and thereafter
- Probation 3 months
- The candidate will automatically be enrolled to a contributory pension after 3 months service.
- The salary attributed to this role is £20,500