Our established and highly reputable client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
This is a Mechanical Engineering position that designs and details Vacuum Chambers, Custom Fabrications and machined components coordinating all aspects of manufactured products through Planning, Production and Inspection.
To apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as vacuum chambers and sub-assemblies etc..
To produce a positive, profitable, and winning environment for manufactured products.
- Design and detail mechanical components used in the product lines while following the established procedures
- Meets with Material Control, Key Shop Personnel, and any other resource as required to discuss and understand the entire scope of the project.
- Responsible for any manufacturing or sub-contracted challenges that arise.
- Work to budgets and timelines relative to project tasks
- Create Bills of Material in the corporate ERP system
- Interface with internal machine shop to determine cost effective manufacture
- Interface with subcontractors and outside vendors to procure custom components
- Creates and/or work with shop floor to create recovery plans
- Occasional domestic travel is required
- Other Duties as assigned
- HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong 3D CAD experience
- Working knowledge of GD&T skills
- Experience with Solid Edge or other mid-range modelling package
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Facility
- Experience with vacuum system design experience
- Hands on Experience as a Machinist or Welder
Great opportunity to join a superb company
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy