Disability Assessor - Belfast - CH192
Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse, OT, Paramedic, Physiotherapist - Permanent Jobs
Starting salary: £34,000, potential to earn up to £38,000
Full or Part Time Job
About Capita | DfC PIP
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
We're proud to work with the Department for Communities (DfC) for the provision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service.
PIP replaced Disability Living Allowance for working age customers from 16-64. Capita pride themselves on delivering the PIP process on behalf of the DfC.
About the role:
With the introduction of the new legislation, it's a great time to join us and our expanding team. Your rewarding and essential role entails clinically assessing individuals who present a variety of disabilities and compiling impartial reports, which accurately detail your findings.
You will be based from home, working within a radius of your address, visiting claimants at the local consultation centre or in their own homes. A full functional assessment, including evaluating Activities of Daily Living will be completed. You will also dissect and analyse important information such as claimant questionnaires, GP documentation and multidisciplinary data.
This information will then be elaborated upon in a comprehensive and structured report including recommendations as to when the customer's circumstances should be reviewed.
- You will be a fully qualified Healthcare Professional (Nurse, OT, Paramedic or Physiotherapist)
- At least 2 years' post qualification experience
- Full registration with HCPC or NMC
- Hold a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle
- Customer facing assessment experience
- Report writing experience or equivalent
- Good IT skills
- Community experience desirable
What's in it for you?
- Training and development (and initial 6 week training course, fully paid)
- Salary rises to £35k once DWP approved
- Earning potential = £38k
- Excellent career progression and opportunity to expand your CPD
- Excellent salary
- Life assurance and pension
- Work-life balance (bank holidays off)
- Diverse working structure and variety of working environments
- Degree of flexibility - working from home
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Alternatively, send your CV direct or contact Sophie Clarke - / sophie. clarke3@ capita. co.uk
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.