Manufacturing Planner/Buyer - West Sussex - £27-3000pa plus benefits
Our West Sussex based client is a leader in the design and manufacturer of high cost, low volume, capital equipment. They require a Manufacturing Planner/Buyer to set up and maintain a cost effective product plan that schedules the correct material requirements and production activities, and also to ensure that purchase orders for the material are placed according to ERP requirements within agreed stocking policy and expedited where necessary.
* To ensure the ERP plan is both realistic and credible and along with production pull system excel spreadsheets is the acknowledged source of information on the production schedule.
* To ensure Purchase Orders are placed and approved as directed by the ERP system and action exception messages according to agreed guidelines.
* To expedite or amend orders with Suppliers and liase with transport companies as necessary to ensure material is available in time for Manufacturing Order Picking.
* To resolve documentation or errors at goods inwards and close off the relevant NCRs
* To ensure that stock levels are maintained in accordance with departmental policy specified at the Stock Management Meeting.
* To participate in Supplier Reviews and other supplier contact meetings as requested.
* To resolve invoice non-conformances (or escalate to the Purchasing Department as appropriate).
* To participate in improvements projects throughout the business as assigned by the Planning Controller.
* Create Master Production Schedules based on authorized Supply MOPS schedule.
* Commercial Order manufacturing acceptance and the consequent customization of Manufacturing Orders to meet the Customer Order Requirements.
* Stock adjustments up to authorized value.
* Unlimited material issue using ERP requirements.
* Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business related subject desired
* Professional qualification (e.g. Diploma in Operations Management, CIPS etc.) an advantage
* Experience of an ERP environment essential. Experience of Movex ERP an advantage.
* Experience of working in a Purchasing environment or Buyer role an advantage.
* Willingness to accept responsibility
* Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.