Here at the YBS Group we pride ourselves on being a modern mutual that places customers at the heart of everything we do. We are experiencing unprecedented growth and change as we continue to strengthen our position as one of the most trusted financial services providers in the UK, with over 3 million members.
We are currently looking for a Web Designer / Editor, reporting to Digital Content Manager and based in Broad Gate, the main purpose of the maintain & develop Group websites, writing web copy, creating & coding websites, landing pages and promotional banners as necessary.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review, write and edit content for Group websites. Collaborate with content owners to develop new, or re purpose existing, content, and create or reflect sales propositions online.
- Design & code websites, micro sites and web pages in html and css ensuring the code is clean and complies with the latest web standards and accessibility requirements.
- Design and create banners and other advertising banners & promotions for use on the sites to support sales campaigns & other sales activities.
- Ensure the Group sites reflect major sales and other business initiatives. Reflect both off- and on-line marketing and PR activity (e.g. Best Buy tables) where appropriate, to drive purchasing activity.
- Manage, edit & deploy web content using the content management software ensuring content is accurate and up to date. Undertake basic configuration of the CMS to accommodate new requirements, e.g. workflows, deploy maps.
- Ensure that Society procedures and processes for content management, sign-off and change administration are fully complied with.
- Good knowledge of web content creation tools, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat and Flash.
- Proven design skills with the ability to balance attractive visuals with commercial effectiveness, functionality & usability, and to code web pages that combine these strengths.
- Excellent web copy writing & editing skills combined with an understanding of how to optimise copy for search engines.
- Understanding of web standards and web accessibility requirements, e.g. W3C recommendations, and of coding to these standards.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Annual Bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised staff investment and mortgage products
YBS Group is an equal opportunities employer