Account Director - Hospitality & Leisure
Job Title: Account Director
Location: Woking outskirts, Surrey
Salary: £38k to £45k
Established 9 years ago, this PR agency strives to change the negative perceptions of PR and communications in hospitality and to build a business based on transparency, relationships and damn smart thinking.
Expectations will be high, but you’ll enjoy delivering outstanding communication strategies for their eclectic mix of clients.
Your agency or client side PR/Marketing backgrounds means you’ll come with an enviable little black book of consumer and trade media contacts as well as an established understanding of the hospitality industry.
You’ll also be at ease taking the lead on project development and planning. You’ll be ready for the challenge but be open to continuing your development and be keen to absorb responsibility and hunt for new opportunities.
Main purpose of the role:
To support the work of the agency in delivering outstanding service and innovative campaigns to all existing and potential clients. This role will enable the agency to continue to grow rapidly within the hospitality, tourism and leisure industry. In addition to supporting and managing clients, the Account Director will be responsible for developing the account team, raising awareness of the agency and maintaining exceptional relationships with clients, suppliers and the media to secure continued success for the business.
- Managing formalised planning, monitoring and reporting
- Strategic planning and day-to-day execution of Marketing & PR programmes
- Managing and optimising budgets for clients
- Management and development of client account management team
- Managing clients, the media, freelance staff and suppliers
- Creating new business proposals, both B2B and B2C
- Attend meetings and events when required with clients, media and suppliers
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the media and build relationships with key press.
- Plan and organise events on behalf of clients
- Update contact reports and update clients regularly by phone, in person and by email when required.
- Source ideas for features, events, opinions and surveys on behalf of our clients.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and news in the hospitality, tourism and leisure industries on a regular basis and provide information to the team during meetings.
- Ensure all projects run to deadline and budget using the existing internal process.
- Assist the Managing Director in identifying potential clients and relationships to grow the business.
- Researching and attending events to further develop your knowledge in Marketing, PR, Social Media and the industry.
- Assisting with the development of the marketing strategy.
Qualities and Skills
- Excellent written communication
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional appearance
- Thorough knowledge of media, including strong network of influential consumer media contacts in travel and lifestyle sectors
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Team player
A minimum of 5 years’ PR and Marketing experience as an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager or PR/Marketing Manager ideally within the hospitality, tourism and leisure sector. Experience of leading a team is essential.
Educated to degree level and qualifications in PR, marketing and/or communications preferable.
You will be required to work from the office in Woking during work hours. You will also be asked to travel to events, exhibitions and meetings that may include overnight stays.
What you’ll get in return
- You’ll love the autonomy this role will provide, giving you the scope to expand your responsibilities as well as the comfort of being supported by the Managing Director providing a hands on approach when required
- An open plan office to share ideas and provide a dynamic atmosphere to conjure up plans for clients and for the team.
- Regular chats with the MD to develop your career and skills and tackle challenges and opportunities.
- Bonus structure for introducing and securing new business
- Birthday bonus - a day off to celebrate in style
- Fully funded Christmas night out to celebrate the end of the year
- Flexible working when required
- Opportunity to attend courses, workshops and events for career development
- The opportunity to share your ideas with the MD and become a real part of the business for the future
- An early finish every Friday.