Excellent opportunity to join a market leading SME based out of Whitely. £20000 - £25000 DOE
Your new company
My client provide a flexible, friendly and highly professional service for all their customers' translation and localisation work into English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish. They currently seek an experienced and motivated bookkeeper to join their already vibrant and high performing team.
Your new role
The Bookkeeper will process the company's day to day financial transactions and will report periodically to the management team with accurate reconciled financial statements. Key Responsibilities will include
- Accurate recording of all financial transactions using cloud-based accounting software Xero.
- Monthly reconciliations of bank, sales and purchase control accounts.
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales lists and filing online with the HMRC
- Raising invoices to clients using our proprietary software
- Credit control duties
- Approving and paying invoices from suppliers
- Resolving queries regarding client and supplier invoices
- Online banking, including responsibility for time sensitive payments such as PAYE and VAT
- Management reporting and cash flow management
- Working closely with external accountants
- Collaborating with teams and departments across the company
What you'll need to succeed
The Bookkeeper has at least 3 years of full-time working experience with directly comparable tasks or transferable skills
- AAT qualified bookkeeper
- Experience of working in a similar position with an SME (preferably in professional services) or in public practice
- Knowledge of cloud-based accounting software, preferably Xero
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills and diplomacy
- A high level of accuracy in dealing with financial and non-financial data
- Excellent IT skills
- Positive, helpful and flexible attitude
- Ability to learn and apply new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- Ability to apply problem-solving and logical thinking skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Multi-currency experience beneficial ü Interest in the translation industry preferred
What you'll get in return
- £20000 - £25,000 (full time 37.5 hours per week)
- Free parking
- Flexible working hours
- Company benefits (including pension)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.