GENERAL MANAGER, London E1
Salary:£29,000 per annum + 20% bonus after probation
Our client is a well established but expanding restaurant and catering group with a strong ethic of providing fresh quality food from local suppliers. They are looking for an experienced General Manager that has managed a Bar / Restaurant / Café with a turnover of at least £1million.
Opening Hours: - Mon: 12 midday to 9pm
Tues to Sat: 12 midday to 11pm
Sun: 12 midday to 9pm
The food style covers everything from high quality pizzas, pasta, salads.
You will also have experience of managing a team of around 15 staff in total, have a strong commercial acumen, a "lead by example" attitude, with confident financial and staff management skills.
- Day to day management of the restaurant and bar.
- Creating effective business plans.
- Measure performance and reporting to Senior Directors.
- Ensuring budgets are maintained and results achieved.
- Ensuring all staff stay focused on business plans and results.
- Ensuring health and hygiene standards are maintained above minimum legislative and company standards.
- Using effective priority management tools and techniques.
- Delivering team objectives and motivating the team to achieve them.
- Delegating responsibilities effectively.
- Creating effective strategies to control costs.
- Communicating effectively to engage the team in cost control.
- Supporting the business plan through succession planning.
- Building individual development plans and implementing them.
- Supporting a culture of continuous learning.
- Meeting mandatory training needs for the entire team.
- Measuring performance and providing effective feedback to team members.
- Understanding and analysing financial results.
- Linking financial indicators to improvement strategies.
- Completing financial reporting within deadlines.
- Maintaining 100% accuracy in cash handling procedures.
- Previous General Management experience within a high volume, fast paced Restaurant / Bar/ Café with a high turnover.
- Experience of managing a large team of around 15 staff.
- Strong staff and financial management experience.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent command of the English language - written and spoken.
- Good MsOffice skills.
- Disciplined and able to make strong decisions.
- Creative and solution orientated.
- Good self development and motivational focus.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.