Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Salary: £36,000 to £38,000 per annum
Full Time - 37.5 hours
Would you like to join one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services?
We are looking for a Senior Occupational Health Advisor to work at a site just outside Blackburn. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
This role is ideally suited to a career minded, ambitious individual, who is looking for that unique opportunity to prove what they can do and then be rewarded for it.
You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a new challenge with a fresh team on new premises. Candidates must be able to drive and there are on-site parking facilities available.
The main duties for this role include:
- To provide clinical leadership to all clinical staff on site
- Providing effective clinical governance through utilisation of our governance structures and contract specific services
- To ensure effective arrangements for client safety are in place across the business
- Create an environment in which clinical excellence can flourish and is encouraged
- Carry out review meetings with the Account Managers/Client Representatives on the contacts
- Develop and maintain face to face relationships with all key influencers and decision makers to maximise business opportunities and aid retention
- Maintain and develop highly motivated and performing teams achieving results through effective line management of staff members, by support and direction to enhance performance, skills and knowledge to clinical staff to achieve clinical excellence.
- Assist with and/or arrange Health and Wellbeing events/workshops for customers within contract terms or on ad-hoc basis as appropriate
- Develop internal relationships with key influencers and staffs within DHC to produce solutions to customer clinical challenges and ensure clinical requirements are met and an effective high quality service is delivered to our customers
Successful candidates will also be required to deliver the full OH remit, including:
- Health Surveillance
- Drug & Alcohol
- Case Management
- HAVS Tier 3
- A Registered General Nurse
- Have an OH Qualification
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Work confidently independently and also within a team framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in their IT skills
- Able to demonstrate evidence of up to date knowledge
- Self-motivated and take a proactive approach to work
- Either have or be prepared to work toward Part 3 registration on the NMC
- Consistently act in a compliant manner at all times in line with the company policies and procedures in order to maintain the company reputation and brand
- Provide "buddying cover" to other Clinical Managers/ Account Managers during periods of absence and ensure appropriate internal support mechanisms and 'buddying' system for all critical posts within customer contracts
- Be able to develop clinical policies
- Manage staff performance
- Resource help with client requirements
- Educate clients on requirements for OH
- Be responsible for clinical and Account management
- Manage and support clinical standards for the business
- Management experience is essential as the team will be supporting a client workforce of 6000 plus.
- You will also need to liaise closely with the SHE team and be able to prioritise and meet the business needs. A flexible working approach is therefore essential.
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on and or email