£55k - £60k + package
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for an Engineering Manager to work at their facility based near Leicester. The company are going through a period of growth and have an excellent long term order book.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineering professional looking for a challenging and varied role. The Engineering Manager will be heading up a team of production/product engineering as well as the Maintenance team. The company are going through a period of positive change and growth so there is a fantastic opportunity for the engineering manger to come in and put their own stamp on the business and be heavily involved in taking the site forward.
- To manage all capital investment requirements to include initial proposals, costings, trials, sign off, implementation, project close out and audit against expected benefits to be achieved
- To constantly review market developments in advancing manufacturing technology with specific focus on opportunities for developing automation
- To identify and manage any research and development opportunities
- To manage the New Product Introduction process
- To manage the contract review process ensuring all relevant parties are involved and the procedures are maintained.
- To manage all aspects of Product Engineering, constantly reviewing and updating engineering drawings to ensure they meet customer and manufacturing requirements, generating new drawings, processing engineering changes whilst maintaining document control at all times
- To manage the maintenance team in providing electrical and mechanical engineering support to the manufacturing operations, ensuring minimal downtime of all plant and machinery
- To manage a TPM schedule for all plant and machinery to minimise breakdowns
- To manage a critical spares system to ensure minimum down time in event of breakdowns
- To manage the tool room in delivering a repairs and modification service on all tooling and increasing the opportunities for making tooling in house.
- To maintain all routes, work centres, standards and BOMS to ensure accuracy of costings and work flows
- To ensure the facilities are managed, maintained and repaired as required and the terms of the lease are met
- To manage all contractors providing servicing and repairs ensuring on time delivery
- To provide daily, weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators
- To manage and develop the team through regular appraisals and reviews of skills and competency. Identify any gaps and implement training plans
- To manage all relevant budgets, ensuring cost control is maintained at all times and continually looking for cost saving opportunities
- To support the development and improvements in manufacturing through implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement opportunities
- To identify, prioritise, manage and deliver continuous improvement initiatives in line with world class manufacturing.
- To champion and manage specific improvement projects to deliver Quality, Cost, Delivery and People Objectives
The ideal candidate will be experienced within a similar role managing engineering teams within a manufacturing environment. Ideal backgrounds would be any highly regulated industry such as Aerospace.
The role will be quite involved with continuous improvement from a technical point of view and will also help in lean activities such as flow paths and layout of the factory. Any candidate should have strong, demonstrable experience in these areas.
Candidates should also have:
- Relevant engineering qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a comparable role.
- Excellent knowledge of operational processes, technologies, products and solutions.
- Project management experience, including effective resource allocation.
- A dynamic approach to drive the business in a coaching and mentoring.
- Experience of planning and scheduling activities.
- Experience of managing work carried out under controlled documents.
- Continuous improvement experience. Preferably qualifications in this area.
Please send your CV and call David Evans at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing date: 01/06/2017