Audio Visual Onsite Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for AV, someone who is confident and self-motivated and who provides fantastic customer service. A can-do attitude and great multitasking skills will ensure tasks are completed within the agreed deadline. You will join their onsite team working across two sites in a company providing cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories. Our client has a customer-centric ethos and an open, engaging and questioning culture. You will find a company of creative, technical and very smart people who are passionate about what they do and developing others.
You will provide client onsite engineering services to include troubleshooting, installation and maintenance of electronic communication systems including but not limited to video conferencing, audio visual, projection, pro audio, video, control. You will be responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies. You will be required to install and service of systems in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure minimum down time and maximum performance.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and drawings and reporting and remedying any discrepancies.
- To ensure mandatory compliance with information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Undertake preventive maintenance of customer equipment.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
- Accurately and quickly diagnose and remedy faults and problems. Troubleshoot electronic systems and equipment, and repair down to electronic component level.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of the client’s hardware inventory.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for calibration and correct operation of test equipment.
- Maintain accurate and current company and customer files.
- To work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- To ensure a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance and support, working to defined service level agreements and within contractual timeframes / frameworks.
- To provide advice and support to all other staff whenever necessary.
- To maintain a smart appearance at all times.
- To be responsible for ensuring the working condition, calibration and ongoing maintenance of all test equipment, tools and associated hardware.
- Responsible for updating all manuals, safety practices, and technical information held.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
- Carry out routine testing of portable and installed equipment to diagnose, log and repair faults.
- Be responsible for the general tidiness, safety and order of the workshop and maintain the highest standards.
- Travel to both sites will be required.
- Work with support technicians to assist in the diagnosis and rectification of faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum and ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client or service department.
- To ensure all work is performed to the Company standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
- Solid foundation in providing exceptional customer service and support in a fast-paced AV/VC environment.
- Strong ethic of following process and procedure.
- A full working knowledge of communications, networking, audiovisual systems and system components is essential.
- Be able to work on own initiative and accept accountability.
- A checkable knowledge of Crestron DM systems.
- Fully conversant with audio DSP based technologies, gain structure and the requirements of sound reinforcement within the presentation environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to demonstrate planning, organising and implementing skills which ensure the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Strong client facing skills and customer-focus with an understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client’s site and when providing remote support.
- Hold a recognised qualification in electronic engineering or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application or meet a deadline.
- Have the ethic of delivery of a quality solution where second best is not good enough.
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
- Knowledge of touch screen and web-based programming and control technology.
- A formal AV qualification or equivalent is desirable.
- Being able to prioritize and work under pressure is essential.
- Experience in IP and telephony based video conferencing systems.
- Proven experience in the testing, faultfinding, servicing, maintenance, engineering and installation of electronic audiovisual systems, or related field.
- Represent the company in a professional manner on its customers’ sites.