Account Manager - London
Our client is currently seeking an Account Manager to join their team in their office based in Clapham.
The Account Manager will deliver against financial targets, focussing on expansion within existing accounts of an established client base as well as acquiring new accounts in the Telco, Utilities & Public Sector Team.
You will be a driven, determined and successful individual with proven sales track record. This is a challenging sales role working as part of a small, fun and close knit sales team in a fast paced environment where your contribution plays an integral part to the success of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Account Manager will create and follow a business plan focussed on growing the value of the sector and meeting defined targets for new business.
- Clearly articulate proposition and value of working with our client to new and existing customers
- Drive incremental revenue into existing customer base and new logos
- Driven, determined, hard working person
- Opportunity to grow sales career within a very successful area of the business
- Excellent training and support
- Structured career development
- A combination of gap analysis and strategic account management tools will be used in order for the Account Manager to identify new fits for our client's products.
- Cold calling and regular meetings will be required in order to understand and identify new fits for our client's products. Regular forecasting on opportunities within the pipeline will be required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage their territory effectively. A typical week would be made up of three client visit days and two office days.
You will be measured on the following:
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of our client's business.
- Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers. Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all of our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer’s means to them and our organisation.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Graduate calibre candidate, ideally 2:1 minimum or equivalent qualifications
- High level of commercial awareness - identifying opportunities, structuring a deal, negotiating and closing sales.
- Proven ability to deliver consistent results against financial targets over an extended period of time
- Ability to perform under pressure
- High personal drive and ability to influence internally and externally
- The ability to forecast accurately and consistently
- B2B Field sales experience ideally within the software market
- Strong communication, presentation and time management skills.