We are working with a prestigious Accountancy firm who due to their continuous growth they are expanding there team and have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant, with previous staff management experience, to join their Accounts department based in Coventry This position is a full-time role. The Manager will report to the Senior Manager.
This is a fast paced department which provides a full range of accounting and management information services to companies of all sizes. This is the fastest growing department within our clients office as businesses of all types recognise the advantages that outsourcing their day to day account requirements to our client can bring. Our client is expected to play a key role in providing services around HMRC's Making Tax Digital initiative which they have already started preparing for.
The department uses a range of technology tools including cloud accounts and invoice recognition software to enable them to provide these services efficiently and in a timely manner to clients. Management information in a wide variety of formats is produced and clients interacted with on a daily basis.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and qualities:-
• qualified accountant
• practice experience
• self motivated, efficient and hard working
• experience in managing teams
• pay attention to detail
• able to keep up-to-date with accounting legislation and attend courses
• have knowledge of accounting rules
• be very IT literate
• meticulous in maintaining records
• have good communication skills
• able to interact positively with staff and clients at all levels
• able to take responsibility
• able to deal with deadlines
The role will involve dealing with the following work:-
• plan team tasks and jobs ensuring the most efficient use of resources
• oversee the successful completion of tasks and jobs ensuring team members are assisted and supported where the need arises
• review all completed jobs as required. Provide feedback to team members as appropriate
• prepare management accounts and VAT returns, or other related reports, when necessary.
• consideration of all aspects of tax, accounting etc that affect our clients
• liaise with Directors to discuss client matters and to ensure the completion of jobs is accurate and timely
• maintain effective communication with all interested parties on each job
• continually monitor the progress of all jobs and adapt the original plan as required.
• carry out the management function by assisting with staff management
• attend marketing/networking events and business developments activities as requested by the Directors
• assist in ensuring all staff in the team receive the required level of on-the-job training for them to carry out the tasks being asked of them
• any other reasonable tasks as requested by a Director.
The above job description is a guide to the work required to be undertaken but does not form part of a contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
• Annual salary - based on experience
• 37 hours per week
• Flexi-time available
• Auto enrolment pension scheme
• 20 days annual leave per holiday year
• 8 statutory days leave
• The option to 'purchase’ a further 10 days’ annual leave