Chef de Partie - Cork - £22.5k - Live in Accommodation
A fantastic position has opened up for a Snr Chef de Partie to join this 4 Star Multi Award Winning Hotel that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean & Blue Flag Beach, the resort has long been appreciated for its romantic and picturesque location.
As Chef de Partie you will be under the general guidance and supervision of the Head Chef and as a kitchen team member you will run a particular section in the Kitchen.
Some of the Chef de Partie's duties and responsibilities will be:-
- Working with the Head Chef and the kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of food both as to its preparation and its presentation.
- Working in all areas of the kitchen depending on the daily needs of Head Chef Preparation of a whole range of food but with a particular emphasis on pastry.
- To observe all Company Food Hygiene and Health and Safety policy.
- To assist the Head Chef, to check the completeness of all food and kitchen equipment sent to each function.
- To assist the Head Chef to check the completeness of all suppliers’ deliveries and the correctness of their invoices.
- To set out, maintain and monitor high standards of cooking and presentation.
- To be aware of current food trends with regard to presentation and style and help with new menu ideas and menu design.
- Ensuring Unit kitchen is left clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensuring that all completed food is correctly wrapped, labelled and put in out-fridge for each event.
- To ensure that all completed jobs are fully checked off before it leaves the unit.
- To work closely with Head Chef and other chefs at each event to ensure that the function runs smoothly.
- Close liaison with the Event Manager with regard to service and timings.
- Ensuring the venue kitchen is left spotlessly clean and tidy and that all Catering equipment and un-used food is packed ready for transportation.
The ideal Chef de Partie will come from a similar venue with a proven track record.
Accommodation is available.