Control Systems Engineer
Our client is a recognised world leader in the area of remote - handling for hostile environments and in support of continued strong growth seeks to enhance its core team with the appointment of a Graduate Control Systems and Software Engineer.
The company delivers services and bespoke products to clients engaged in the application of remote handling to hostile environments, in particular in Nuclear Fusion, Nuclear Plant Decommissioning and High Energy Physics experiments.
The company organisation and culture is designed to ensure that good quality engineers and technicians are able to develop and be rewarded for their expertise at all stages of their career. They ensure that all engineering staff are able to practise engineering at all levels up to and including Director.
The duties and responsibilities of the ideal Graduate Control Systems and Software Engineer are:
- The Graduate Controls and Software Engineer will report directly to and work under the guidance of the Lead Control System, Analysis & Software Engineer in delivering solutions and developing a strong corporate capability in the area of Control Systems and its associated Software.
- The appointee will be expected to derive and deliver solutions for client remote handling applications over the full life cycle from requirements specification through concept design, design, implementation and development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery and operation.
- The appointee will also participate in some marketing and business development activities with exposure to company clients.
The successful Graduate Control Systems and Software Engineer will possess the following skills:
- 2:1 or 1st Class Honours degree in Control Systems and/or Software Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in the design and implementation of real-time control systems
- Ability to deliver and make presentations to clients
- Ability to co-operate and work as a part of a team
- An excellent working knowledge of English
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).