Internal Account Manager
Internal Account Manager- Bolton
Basic Salary of £20-25k + bonuses
We are recruiting on behalf of a fab client of the outskirts of Bolton, great opportunities for focused, money hungry individuals.
Main purpose of the job
To effectively manage a designated portfolio of customers, including planning and prioritizing sales activity to ensure customer retention, growth and profitability. To maximise sales growth for a defined group of accounts, primarily via telephone contact.
Duties will include:
- Deliver agreed targets (e.g. revenue, margin, volume) with agreed budget to meet the wider requirements of the business nominated customers.
- Achieve assigned activity goals and other defied targets for groups of customers/accounts as agreed with the reporting manager.
- Serve as the initial pint of contact for all assigned accounts.
- Promote and sell all down stream access products to defined customer base; cross sell door drop delivery products where appropriate.
- Negotiate and agree terms with customer within agreed limits (limited authority), ensure correct information/data is provided for billing purposes and facilitate prompt payment by customers once invoiced.
- Assist in the preparation of any contracts, as required.
- Liaise with al necessary internal colleagues to optimise service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Understand and work within policy standards of individual customers to ensure service provisions/ requirements are fulfilled.
- Conduct sales calls, carry out pre-call planning and preparation and develop a self analytical approach in order to identify learning areas from each call.
- Maintain and up-to-date sales/technical knowledge of product portfolio.
- Assist with the training of new hires.
- Keep all company equipment safe and in a good state of repair.
- Discuss, agree and document assigned activity, key performance indicator tools and targets agreed with the line manager.
- Successfully complete career development courses and additional training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Good analytical and numeracy skills, including ability to analyse data and draw relevant conclusions.
Basic knowledge of postal and parcel industry as well as knowledge of any specific market sectors (e.g. banking, public sector, energy.)
In-depth knowledge of products and services.
Ability to understand and articulate customer needs and requirements.
Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to adapt communication style, amount and format based upon audience.
Ability to effective conduct business over the phone.
Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems.
Experience - previous account management experience required.