Supplier Relationship Manager
Job Title: Supplier Relationship Manager
Salary: £30 - £45k
Location: Birchwood, Warrington
The Supplier Relationship Manager role is pivotal in forging and developing relationships with key suppliers and clients alike, managing key procurement relationships, ensuring that contracts are delivered successfully and ensuring significant savings are achieved across the businesses.
The successful candidate will manage the procurement and relationship for key IESA clients including; Jaguar Land Rover, AstraZeneca, Carlsberg and Florette amongst others, with our key suppliers, continually developing and enhancing contracts to deliver our business strategy.
This is not a typical category management position, whilst a background in indirect category management is desirable, managing suppliers and relationship management is key.
A strong background in Procurement (indirect procurement experience is preferred), You will possess strong stakeholder engagement skills coupled with a history leading major projects, client facing and have a commercial approach to procurement.
Strong communication, negotiation and relationship management skills are key to success in the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader in what is seen as the key hire within the successful delivery of the company's internal cost saving strategy.
MRO experience is needed for this role.
- Client Management of Indirect Materials Suppliers (IESA has 50+ categories; including mechanical, stationary, welding, electrical, pumps - of which there are over 120 sub categories)
- Ensuring contracts run smoothly, reviewing commercials, developing, enhancing, negotiating discounts on behalf of IESA client from suppliers and management fees.
- Identify leakage; data analysis; analysing spend, market analysis
- Tender management
- Pre and post contract procurement/contracts management
- Support the overall governance of the Procurement/ Supply Chain programme
- Liaising closely with Client Relationship Managers to deliver key account deliverables; efficiencies etc
- Weekly reporting; monitoring of spend reports
- Category Management experience - exposure across Indirect categories.
- Commercial Approach to Procurement; negotiating and developing contracts
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- MCIPS/Degree Qualified (highly desirable)
- Strong Blue Chip career history