Herefordshire and Derbyshire
£35,000 - £45,000 (depending upon experience) + 5% Pension + 15% Bonus
My client is a true market leading manufacturing premium, high performance products for sale into the construction sector. Manufacturing excellence, first class customer service and unrivalled expertise in meeting the needs of the market are just some of the many strengths that the business offers.
We are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller reporting to the Finance Director for Britain and Ireland. The business turnover is Euros 16 million and based in Glossop, Derbyshire, although the role is dual location with 2-3 days per week in Glossop during non-month end weeks. The remaining of the time the role will be based in Pembridge.
The postholder will be responsible for the activities of the finance function together with safeguarding the assets of the business. Duties for this role include:
- Reporting weekly sales, contribution & KPI information to the Divisional team
- Prepare and report monthly management accounts within 5 working days
- Prepare monthly reports for the Board including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, and analysis of manufacturing variances, transport costs, warranty claims, overheads, headcount and capital expenditure.
- Complete statutory returns such as VAT, EC sales, Intrastats, ONS, etc
- Prepare six monthly and annual statutory financial statements.
- Review FX cash flows and make recommendations if necessary.
- Internal audit and control ensuring compliance with the Group accounting manual,
- Cost reduction and profit improvement analysis and review. Support he Commercial Manager in key decisions, own standard product costs, and conduct overheads reviews with Managers to identify where cost savings could be made.
- Banking and payment runs,
- Prepare models and complete annual budgeting and strategic planning processes.
- Ensure and review monthly with the Credit Controller whether group credit control policies are being adhered to. Prepare credit limit applications where necessary.
- The successful candidate will have an accounting qualification such as AAT, CIMA, ACCA or ACA, and demonstrable experience of working within a Finance or Audit department.
- Previous experience of working for a manufacturing organisation would be a distinct advantage.
- Essential to this role is experience of management reporting including preparation of management accounts, experience of using Microsoft Office specifically Excel to advanced level.
- Experience of preparing statutory government returns and trade statistics, project management skills and people management experience would be an advantage.
- We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication skills, and a good team player with an out-going, adaptable personality.
- A full UK driving license is essential for this role, as is the flexibility to travel and work away from home on a regular basis.