A Credit Underwriter job for a 6 month contract in Brighton for £26K
A 6 month contract job vacancy for a Credit Underwriter has arisen for this leading Invoice Finance company in Brighton & Hove, East Sussex. The ideal candidate will be ABFA qualified to certificate level or equivalent.
Purpose of the role
- Incorporated within a dedicated team in the non recourse operations function ensuring a prompt, reliable debtor credit underwriting/support service to all existing clients and internal departments.
- To minimise potential bad debts by way of prudent and commercial underwriting and adhering to all internal processes and procedures.
- To assess debtors/customers credit worthiness and set credit limits within own given authority ensuring full compliance at all times.
- To focus on service driven and innovative operational solutions to help maximise departmental output and achieve key non recourse profit and loss targets.
- Compliance & Risk
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
- To assess credit limits within own given authority
- To accurately input debtor credit limits within own given authority
- Ensure full compliance with trade insurance policy and all internal policies
* To amend, clarify and determine correct legal entity being dealt with
* To minimise potential bad debts and ensure all credit limits underwritten are justifiable within the terms of our Trade insurance policy
- Maintain control of credit limit expiry report and ensure no limit is out of date
- Minimise organisational risk/exposure in the event of adverse situations and ensure these are reported accordingly
- To record justification criteria and supporting documentation for credit limits sanctioned
- To prepare/recommend large exposure applications for submission to Team Leader/Senior Credit Manager/Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintain bad debt levels within budgets/provisions.