A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Junior Designer to join our Client. They provide world-class content and services that inspire and support learning, teaching and research.
We are looking for a creative and flexible Junior Designer with an appetite for all things digital to join their friendly and hard-working marketing communications department.
Working collaboratively with the Senior Designer, your responsibilities will include:
- Design of brochures, catalogues, leaflets, flyers, posters, banners, advertisements and a variety of weird and wonderful promotional items
- Design and creation of html email templates
- Mock-up of new web page templates
- Creation of imagery for use on social media, blogs and web-pages
- Maintaining a strong understanding within the department of the visual identity and brand guidelines for the various brands under the Cengage umbrella and working with colleagues to ensure consistency and share best practice
- Contributing a design voice to all the activities of the marketing department
First and foremost, you will need to have a passion for design paired with a graphic design degree or similar, creative ?air, strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and an organised approach to managing your own time and workload in order to meet deadlines.
The candidate will need to demonstrate the following experience, knowledge and skills.
- A genuine passion for design and strong attention to detail
- A graphic design degree or similar
- Confidence in using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- A team player, flexible, with the ability to use initiative
- Good communications skills
- Accustomed to working to deadlines with excellent time management skill
- 1-2 years' experience in a professional design environment
- Experience of using PowerPoint or other software to create presentations
- Experience of using content management systems to build webpages
- HTML coding experience
- Dreamweaver experience
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.