My client are an innovative, technology based, document management consultancy providing varied services to a wide range of customers such as Commercial organisations, the NHS and Local Government.
Due to growth within the business, they are working with 360 Resourcing to recruit an experienced Trainer with to join them as a Technical trainer. This sustained growth has meant they have recently expanded the scope of the Training Team; so this role is an addition to an established team. Reporting to the Training Manager. you will be responsible primarily for authoring and delivering both technical training and other non-technical courses to all internal teams.
You will work with technical staff to author the content for technical courses, and consistently deliver this material to new and existing staff. You will take ownership of training materials and work with managers on gaining feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of all output. All training will be delivered to internal staff based at the company Head Office in Wellington, Somerset.
- Working with technical teams to author new training content
- Delivering training to new and existing internal staff, both in groups and one-to-one
- Maintaining existing training content in line with current standards
- Performing training needs analysis
- Organising courses with internal and external providers
- Maintaining accurate training records
- Performing all necessary administration tasks
- Proven experience of delivering high-quality training to either internal or external customers
- Proven experience of authoring presentations, scripts, exercises and user guides
- A depth of experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint
- Minimum 5 GCSE Grade 'C' or equivalent, including English & Maths
Candidates will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Listen to and interpret technical information accurately
- Be adaptable to individual learning styles
- Be confident when presenting to groups
- Be receptive to changing requirements
- Work under pressure to tight timescales
- Plan, control and organise their own activities
- Relay technical information clearly to a technical or non-technical audience
Candidates will also need to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and approachability
- Initiative and Creativity
- A logical approach
- An affinity with technology
- A high degree of customer service skills
Ideally you will have some technical training experience in software, microsoft packages or IT systems, however my client will also happily take applications from experienced trainers that can demonstrate the ability understand technology and then train others.
In return, my client offers a competitive package of circa £26,250 starting salary, with regular salary reviews, generous Company Pension Scheme, Optional Private Healthcare and 28 days holiday rising to 33 (1 day increments annually) including Bank Holidays. There are also opportunities for the role to progress to a more senior role within training and development over time. Hours of work are 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday