£24,000 basic salary and £30,000 OTE depending on skills and experience
- Vertu Reward Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Preferential Service Rates
- Colleague Purchase Scheme
As one of the largest Motor Retailer in the UK Vertu Motors` continued success is based on strong performance, growth and leadership. Our Mission Statement "To deliver an outstanding customer motoring experience through honesty and trust" is central to any role in our business, ensuring our customers receive the right experience for them.
The Workshop Controller role is one of the busiest and most important roles within the Dealership. This role consists of assigning work to Vehicle Technicians to ensure the smooth running of the workshop. The role holder will liaise daily with the Service Department, and be on hand to answer any queries from other departments and our customers.
The role is responsible for ensuring all incoming work is planned as well as managing the time and resource. Workshop Controllers assign technicians to tasks ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to. As a line manager the role holder is responsible for performance management, coaching and development of the team. Quality checking, ordering of parts, audits and compliance as well as health and safety are also important aspects of this role.
Our Workshop Controllers are and expected to be the best in the industry and as a successful and growing business we make no apologies for being highly selective in the calibre of new colleagues joining our business. You will be an experienced Workshop Controller with a settled career history, ideally within a franchised motor retail environment. You will have an enviable and proven track record of performance with excellent organisational and communication skills. You will also have the ability to lead, coach and develop your team and know how to get the best out of people, so they perform to their highest level.
We are looking for individuals who possess the following competencies:
• Good Literacy & Numeracy skills
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Coping with Pressure and Set-Backs
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Applying Expertise and Technology
• A full, valid UK driving license
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• Customer Satisfaction (CSI): To assist management in implementing and maintaining effective
processes to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction levels in excess of the manufacturer
• Generating Gross Profit: To deliver gross profit in line with the business plan by maximising the
number of hours sold, driving revenue per transaction, ensuring 100% adherence to the VHC process
and motivating product sales.
• Workshop Loading: To distribute and control the issue of work to the Technicians to maximise quality
and overall efficiency.
• Supervising the Team: To lead, motivate, coach and develop the team to achieve their daily objectives.
• Parts Liaison: To ensure a strong relationship is maintained with the parts department to maximise
• Documentation Quality: To ensure the accurate completion of all relevant documentation for each
• Manufacturer Franchise Warranty Standards: To ensure that the manufacturer`s warranty standards
are adhered to at all times.
• Health and Safety: To ensure that a safe working environment is maintained in line with the
Company`s Health & Safety policy and that general housekeeping and appearance are maintained at
a high standard.
If you are successful you can look forward to ongoing training opportunities, career progression and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including a competitive salary and performance-related bonus, childcare voucher scheme, share incentive plan, pension schemeand Vertu rewards scheme If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry please apply now.