Junior Audio Visual Events Technician
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with a willingness to learn, develop their skills and support the wider events team. They are looking for someone to build on the knowledge and experience already gained. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to build their career within the corporate events space. You will be joining a company that provides cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories. Our client has a customer-centric ethos and an open, engaging and questioning culture. You will find a company of creative, technical and very smart people who are passionate about what they do and developing others.
You will be responsible for delivering a demanding calendar of corporate events, maintaining the quality and standard of the client’s experience. You will be responsible for all aspects of AV in relation to client’s events from pre-planning, identifying technical requirements, attending meetings in an advisory capacity and event execution.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
- Provide AV Event Support.
- Be fully conversant with H&S and First Aid procedures.
- Process telephone enquiries made to the Events team hotline.
- Support and train others within the company to ensure procedural knowledge is passed to all members of your team
- Maintain personal awareness of procedures relevant to the Events Team.
- Travel between client sites.
- Ensure a consistent standard is maintained throughout all events and that all processes are routinely followed.
- Deal with day to day administrative duties and any ad hoc duties assigned by the senior staff.
- Process enquiries to the Events team mailbox.
- Arrange any dry-hire requirements as part of events planning.
- Carry out all aspects of the AV service prescribed in Event Function Sheets.
- Deliver a high standard of service in accordance with SLAs for the team.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
- InfoComm CTS Certified or similar vocational qualification(s) an advantage. Candidates without this qualification will be expected to complete this training onsite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Video Conferencing, control, signal switching / routing and TV distribution systems
- Ability to provide working standards within a Corporate Head Office would be preferred
- One years’ experience within a client facing Corporate Events field essential
- Basic stage lighting principles
- A basic knowledge of webcasting and virtual meeting places
- Multi-camera control systems and vision mixing
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software and systems.
- Expert PowerPoint user and knowledge of MS Windows
- Live experience of digital sound desks including microphone management and EQ
- Understanding of multiple display types including aspect ratios and video walls