Permanent Ixazomib Patient Support Nurse - Thames Valley
Are you ready for a new opportunity? ID medical are seeking a skilled patient support Nurse in Haematology/Oncology who can to fill a permanent post in private hospital in the Thames Valley area. We are looking for a compassionate and responsible registered nurse, with outstanding organizational and multitasking skills.
The ideal candidate will be responsible and well trained professional to give the best nursing care with little supervision. You will also be able to follow health and safety guidelines faithfully and consistently.
Core duties would include:
- The nurse will be responsible for delivering the Ixazomib Patient Support Programme (PSP) for any patients who have given their consent and enrolled.
- As part of the PSP the nurse may deliver support and advice in a face to face manner through homecare visits as well as by telephone.
- In addition and where agreed with the Trust, the nurse will provide expert and specialist support embedded into the unit for a defined period to educate MDT and patients on Ixazomib therapy. In the management of PCA, backed up by Education programme with literature and on-going support.
- Support may also be provided to wider teams who will encounter patients on Ixazomib such as acute medical GPs.
Qualification & Experience
- Current registered general nurse qualification, minimum of a Band 6 level, with specific and proven experience in haematological systemic anti-cancer therapies.
- Previous experience and evidence of success in a nursing function within the pharmaceutical healthcare industry and extensive understanding of NHS and its objectives and targets.
- Previous experience of working within a haematological/oncology environment essential.
- Previous homecare experience is desirable.
- Current full U.K Driving license with no more than 6 points and an ability to travel to clinics within an acceptable geography.
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.