Telephone Collections Negotiator/Credit Controller-Northampton
Telephone Collections Negotiator/Credit Controller - Northampton
£19,000 to £22,500 DOE + up to 25% performance bonus and flexible benefits
Full and Part time opportunities
Do you thrive in a fast paced call centre environment? Do you strive to meet and exceed your targets? Are you a resilient negotiator?
If the answer is yes then we want to talk to you.
Opus Energy is a leading independent supplier of gas and electricity to businesses UK wide. We are experiencing huge success and as a result our site in Northampton is rapidly expanding making it an exciting place to be!
We are hiring Telephone Collections Negotiators/Credit Controllers to join our fast paced, target driven contact centre. You will be responsible for both proactively contacting small to medium businesses via an automated dialling system and receiving inbound calls from customers.
Additional benefits also include; private medical insurance, pension, free car parking and a further flexible benefits package.
As a Telephone Collections Negotiator/Credit Controller your key responsibilities will include;
· Contacting customers to collect outstanding account balances, working with customers to understand their situation and to resolve outstanding payment issues.
· Working with customers to identify the cause of the outstanding balance and adapt your collection technique to negotiate mutually agreeable payment terms.
· Work on an automatic dialler to meet high call volume targets.
· Update customer account information within company guidelines.
· Proactively review customer accounts to identify and resolve future problems before they arise.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following;
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyse customer circumstances and make decisions on the best approach.
· Work with our Quality Assurance team to perfect your telephone technique.
· Target driven.
· Show commitment to customer care and provide a quality service to all customers through demonstrating patience and empathy.
· Previous experience in a target orientated commercial environment OR telephone collections environment, ideally debt recovery is desirable but not essential.
· Have a flexible approach.